For a comprehensive list of dozens of agents looking for clients, see: Agents Seeking Clients
About Kelly: Kelly is a junior agent at Corvisiero Literary. Kelly has spent her whole life with a book in her hands. Whether it’s from reading, writing, or day dreaming, her mind has always been up in the clouds wishing her fantasy stories would come true. Down on earth, somewhere between reading during science class, writing while she should be sleeping, and spending her social hours pretending she wasn’t actually a closet nerd, she finally realized that her life would be a lot happier if she just accepted her love of books. A graduate of West Chester University, she earned her B.S.Ed. in English and went to pursue a career in teaching. Little did she know that despite all of her hard work, the environment she ended up in would be one she disliked. After taking a step back and reassessing her life, she realized that maybe she should have focused on the world of literary agents and publishing a long time ago.
What she is seeking:
- Middle Grade: Fantasy, Paranormal, Sci-fi.
- Young Adult: Fantasy (all sub genres of fantasy accepted), Steampunk, Sci-Fi, Paranormal, Historical (19th century and earlier with strong heroines), Dystopian (hold the cyborgs, the scorch, and diseases, please), Sword and Sorcery, a very selective few for Contemporary Romance, and any combination of the above with strong, female main characters.
- New Adult: Fantasy, Paranormal, Romance (Cowboys, anyone? Sexy and somewhat geeky entrepreneur? Celebrity? Yes?), Historical Romance, or any combination of the above.
- Adult Fiction: Fantasy, Romance.
With books, there’s just something about strong female main characters holding their own against the world, in an environment that Kelly could never, in her wildest dreams, find herself living within. It tears at her heart and pulls at her soul, especially when the main character finds that she never needed another to complete her in the first place.
She is not seeking Nonfiction, Emotional Turmoil, Mystery/Crime, Children’s Picture Books.
How to submit: query [at] corvisieroagency.com. Then address your Query to a specific agent, using the phrase “Query for [Agent Name]: [Name of Submission]” in the Subject Line. “For fiction, we require a query letter pasted into the body of your email along with a 1-2 page synopsis (that includes spoilers and the ending) and the first 5 pages of your manuscript either attached as 2 separate Word .doc files or pasted into the Query email.” There are more guidelines here.
About Albert: Albert Lee brings nearly two decades of entertainment and publishing experience to Zachary Shuster Harmsworth / Kuhn Projects. Albert was the executive editor of US Weekly for fourteen years. Before that, he was the founding editor in chief of Mediabistro.com, associate editor at nerve.com, and wrote for The Village Voice, Dance Magazine, and more.
How to Submit: Follow the online form at: kuhnprojections.com/submissions/
- Young Adult: realism, magical realism, science fiction (especially if it includes real science and or astronomy), paranormal, historical fiction, and fantasy. She’s searching for beautiful writing, diverse voices, and subjects that go beyond the coming-of-age story. Pirates are cool, space travelers are awesome, and talented magicians are the way to her heart.
- Middle Grade and Children’s Fiction: open to all genres. She loves adventurous, silly, out-of-the-box, and character-driven stories.
- Other Fiction: She’s not looking for romance, but she is seeking a story that takes the concept that every story is a love story to new heights. She’s searching for stories about complex relationships that surround bigger issues. Literary or magical realism is preferred, but the only genres she’s not interested in are nonfiction, heavy mysteries, horror, or thriller novels.
- If you have a short story collection, essay collection, or happen to use unique forms in your novel (think letters, how-to, photos, poetry, or screenplays) and fit her other criteria, she’s interested to hear from you.